Members are invited to hang a painting of their own creation in the following HCWS-sponsored exhibitions.
HCWS Members' exhibits at monthly meetings
For the purpose of getting to know each other better and to learn from one another, members are invited to participate in the Members' Exhibits during the HCWS. Please follow the guidelines on the registration form.
HCWS Annual Exhibition
-This exhibition is judged by an independent art expert. Prizes are awarded during the reception.
-One painting per person may be displayed.
-Work submitted must not have been previously shown in any prior HCWS Annual Exhibition.
-You may place your art for sale with the understanding that if your art work is sold during the exhibition, 25% of the sale price will be kept by Watagua County Arts Council (WCAC).
- Registration: There is a $10 fee for participating. Register when you take your art to the center.
-Location: Blue Ridge ArtSpace at the Watauga County Arts Countil (WCAC), Corner of State Farm and Shadowline, Boone, NC
-Dates: - Art Intake: August 8, 10 AM -12 PM - Art Show: August 8-September 5 - Reception and Awards: August 11, 5-7 PM - Art Pickup: September 5 10 AM-12 PM IMPORTANT: The Art Space is usually open from 12:00 until 6:00 or 7:00 PM. Call Blue Ridge ArtSpace before you go to ensure the gallery will be open. There are times volunteers cannot be there and the gallery is not open. If the flag is out, the Blue Ridge ArtSpace is open.
Jones’ House Show
-This show is not judged.
- Bring 1-3 works to be exhibited
- If you prefer, you may submit a painting that has been in any prior HCWS show.
- Location: Jones House = 604 West King Street, Boone, NC 28607
- Dates: - Art Intake: June 29, 2018. 10 AM-1 PM - Art Show: July 1-July 29, 2018 - Reception: July 6, 5-7 PM
- Art Pickup: July 30, 2018. 10 AM-12 PM
For more information about HCWS Exhibitions, contact Judy Clarke at 828-264-6875 or firstname.lastname@example.org
High country watermedia society
To download HCWS MEETING EXHIBIT FORM, click here.